 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 486
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Dual main lines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 02:25:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, John Koob writes:
SRC wrote in message ...
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, John Koob writes:
I just realized that there is only one loop of track...

That's the only thing I don't like about this layout...

One solution is the automated reversing loops I mentioned before.

The other solution is to have the lower "cross-over" return to
the same "side of the tracks" on both sides of the bridge.

Here's the town, bridge and switching yard as I currently have them.

At the moment, my method of running multiple trains is just that - run
multiple trains on the one main loop.  It's so long that two or three trains
can run on it for quite awhile before catching up (assuming that we find
some similar engine loads/strengths).  Having one train chasing another
might turn out to be more popular with the crowds anyway.  I'm certainly
open to suggestions though - I'll see what I can bring on Saturday.

SRC
StRuCtures