 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 534
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 00:47:05 GMT

SRC wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
Here's a close-up of mountain spacing, with the "incline corner-stone

OK - Mountain update:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28919
The baseplates should match what James has in his basement.  The short
track segment by itself is the "show circle" for BigRed if Kevin can get
those CP stickers ready in the next three weeks...   8-)

Whoops!  I didn't pay enough attention the first time around... The baseplates
should be lined up with the inside, not with the outside of the tracks, if that
makes sense - there's an extra 8 studs of baseplate on the outside of this:  (TD
doesn't have 8x32 baseplates)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jamesb/layouts/mountain.tdl

This is important because of a couple things - the baseplates as I've got them
have the track & baseplate edges lining up - makes it *much* easier to assemble
and not worry about track segments sticking out and banging into things when
moving.

Sorry for not being clear about that the first time,

James