 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 496
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout prep Saturday?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:02:48 GMT

"SRC" <LEGOArches@yahoo.com> writes:

I would like to put a link to a NALug website in the hand-out...
Chris: Is there one?  NALug.Graysage.com or Graysage.com/NALug ??
If there's no such thing, can you make something appropriate?  Would
someone else prefer to be responsible for the "official" site?  It need
not be fancy or amazing, but I'd like there to be something beyond
our little piece of LUGNet...

There is nothing there now. The current page is big and ugly. I have
no problem with creating one, but I have neither the skill nor the tools
to create flashy graphics. Putting up jpg's is easy, and I know enough
HTML to make most simple stuff (all of my pages are either hand made
or made with some simple programs I wrote). I prefer that type, since
they are far smaller (less bandwidth) than some machine-made pages.
If anyone has any good images or words to put up, send 'em to me.
Currently, I have the pics of the Nalug train cars, and pics from the
GETS show. Assuming we make one, its path would be:

    http://www.GraySage.COM/nalug/

(The trailing slash makes finding it quicker for many browsers, rather
than having to try "default.htm", "default.html", "index.htm" before
finally finding the "index.html" that I use.)

OK, there is a dumb page there now. I'll work on it...

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/