 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 462
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:10:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, John Koob writes:
That's a large layout, compared to what we've had before.
The large yard looks good too.

I've got some improvements to make - I'll post a new one soon.

OK - Here's the latest.  I don't think the play area will be that
large, but you get the idea.  I was origianlly thinking of a three-sided
layout facing the play area, but it leaves a huge empty area behind
the layout.  If I reverse/mirror everything, then the layout becomes
a sort of court-yard to partly surround the play area.  I don't know
what the Calgary organizers will think of this, (that's the main reason
I'm posting this) but they said there was no shortage of space, so...

Cool.  The only problem I'd have with this is that there's nowhere "behind"
the layout to be.  Also, if we're about equi-distant from our layout and the
play area, we may get involuntarily co-opted into some aspect of play area duty.

I think I'd prefer the original horseshoe idea you were working with, backed
against another layout, or a wall or something.  It gives us a place to sit,
or put our jackets or lunch, or whatever.  It also means we aren't between
crowds and the scenery.

James