 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 466
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Switching Yard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 03:52:27 GMT

Chris wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
I killed the whole morning (I could never do this with a regular paying
job) making it, but I've got a switching yard that I like.  The overall
"industrial end" is 8'x18', with the yard 3' across.  (Any wider and we
wouldn't be able to reach it properly.)  LMK what you think.
Yes, the piece count is correct - and I'm not even done
yet.  I think I'm going to need more track loans...  8-)

Er, one of the tracks isn't connected.

Yeah - I noticed that AFTER I'd posted it - there should be another
switch in there, plus there's still more to add to the totals.

Between Michel and I we have almost 250 curved segments which should
be plenty.  Straights are another story though.  Adding in James P's
track gives over 800 straights, but I'm already over 900 on the layout,
and I expect to break 1000.  The three of us together have two dozen
pairs of switches, which _should_ be enough.  If I can't confirm
enough track loan(s) before-hand, I'll just have to decrease the layout.

David - How many straights and switches did you say you could
send?  :-)   Even adding the 80 you said were used for the
Guinness layout, I may still be short...

My guess is about a minute to place each [track segment].

What are you doing, letting the minifigs lay the track?   8-)
I _conservatively_ estimated one quarter that amount of time.

SRC
StRuCtures