 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 467
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Switching Yard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 04:06:48 GMT

James B wrote:
Why do you want the spurs so close together?  If there's one
thing we *aren't* short of, it's space.  Stick with the geometry.
Even a space-eating ladder-style yard works just fine.

True - there's no shortage of _floor_ space, and I can always add
more tables, but at $1/foot out of my pocket (hopefully reimbursed
but no garauntee) I'd like to make maximum use of space.  Also,
I have to stay within reach of the edge of the table and leave lots
of room for the container and fuel and auto depots.  Besides,
does it not look more realistic to have them closer together?

SRC
StRuCtures