 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 472
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Switching Yard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 19:13:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Chris Gray writes:
So, thats 1173 pieces of train track. My guess is about a minute to
place each one. Some as little as a couple seconds, but overall, I think
that's a not unexpected rate. That's a *lot* of time!

A quick suggestion that will save you some time:  Pre-assemble your straight
track into 4 piece long segments.  You should be able to find a box large
enough to carry them.  That way, when you're setting up at the show, you'll
be able to do it much quicker than if you have to connect every piece of track.

Best of luck at the show, we're all looking forward to pictures!

JohnG, GMLTC