 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 510
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Mountain layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
I was trying some layouts in my head yesterday after our Saturday
get together and realized two problems with the mountain as it stands.

<snip problems>

Yup, we'll have to figure something out - but this and other details
have to wait for the big question to get answered:
Do we have a 'closed-loop' layout, or an 'open C' layout?

Well, we're still working on that - this is what I got an hour ago:

" It's up to you, you can be either 40 x 20 foot, or 75 x 20ish.
With the 40 x 20 foot, it would be easier to keep you near the
kid's play area though. "

I wrote back that the main problem with the 40'x20' as it stands now
is that it's only really open on two sides...  I'll keep you advised.

Hmm.  Well, two and a half, but yeah, it's not a 4-sided layout location.
There's an easy solution, but it depends on what requirements they have for
clearances.  If we do a 36x12 layout, that gives us a walkway (4' wide) behind
- but the show might not be allowed to have traffic flow that constricted.

Or we can do a 36x18 'open C'.  Basically, if we're still being given a choice
between big and freakin' huge, I'm still (again, in perpetuity) registering a
perference for merely big.

I don't think I can emphasize enough how hesitant I am about manning a 60'
layout with 2 people at a '10,000 expected attendance' show.

James