 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 477
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Switching Yard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 07:50:14 GMT

SRC wrote in message ...
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, John Koob writes:
I just realized that there is only one loop of track.  With a layout
this size, it would make sense to have several things moving
around simultaneously.  Otherwise, it could look a bit dead.
Any chance you can cut out some of the long sidings in the center
part and fit in a second loop?  If not, maybe just add one to
the town or industrial area.

That's the only thing I don't like about this layout - It's one HUGE
loop with tons of sidings.  The main "problem" is the three main tracks
running the length of the main section.

Without messing with polarity switching, a simple solution would
be to add an extra main line to the center section for a total
of four lines.  This way, you can have two loops running the full length
of the layout. [1]

Of course, near the crossover, space for another line may be limited.
No problem--simply add a table to widen this part of the center section.
If the cost of tables is an issue, this extra table is on me.

--
John
(remove the obvious to reply)

[1] Just in case I was unclear, one loop uses the crossover.
The other loop would use the incline and a new line at grade level
in front of the crossover.