 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 418
Subject:
SuperTrain 2001 layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 05:20:50 GMT

It's after 22:00 at night and I haven't eaten anything since breakfast.
(I got carried away with Track Designer...)  Here are some shots of
what my plan so far is.  I've only shown the "left" half since it's over 60'
wide - there is another long layout that it may well work out well to
be back-to-back with - AFAIK the other layout is 60' long and open
on the back, which would fit well with this.  The incline to my bridge is
only one plate per segment - This keeps things nice and gradual, but of
course takes up an looooong segment of track.  The good aspect is it
gives some beautiful long sidings, and the overall layout works well IMO.
I envision the switching yard and container depot on the left "end",
with the town and train station and grain elevator on the right section.
Here's a look at the whole left half, and a close-up of the cross-overs:
And this is a closer look at the cool diagonal yard:
Which side should the tanker section be on?  I haven't incorporated or
shown the mountain yet, because I don't know what the "mountaineers"
will be providing...  OK - Comment away - I'm going home to sleep.  :-)

SRC
StRuCtures

Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout