 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 431
Re: Preparation for SuperTrain 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:03:55 GMT

Steve wrote:
I think by the time we
add your container station, (and James Powells containers)

How do you want me to do this?  I have a container yard, which occupies right
now 7x3 (32x32) plates.  Roughly, this takes 3 tracks (plus one mainline passes
through it), and there are some neat things with the containers (a overhead
crane made from 2 4555 cranes, some vertical stacked container trailers, a
small crane, some small yard tractors).  So, I can probably with what will be
in the box fill a 2x10 area of a container yard, with the containers, a piggi
packer (from 4549), enough containers to stack lengthways down one track-
fairly well, I can fill a 2x10 plate area.

Do you want me to create a track plan in .tdl, and give you that bit to be set
up?  That might work?-plus, I could make up a sign or two to fit in with it
(on the idea of the JJMP, or such like) for the yard, saying that it was mine,
and that it belongs in Victoria?

Baseplates for under it would NOT be a problem either...

(just throwing out ideas)

James