 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 501
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout prep Saturday?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:02:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
Hmm.  Ok then, I want it enough set in stone that we can start building
usefully.  I want to know how much room we've got for town (container
yard, Octan yard, rail yard, etc)  Some of that stuff we can fake, but
I really want to be able to just plunk down the buildings et al where
they're supposed to go.  I don't want to still be planning things 4
hours before the show.

Agreed - I think we can get solid enough.  The main thing is what
mountain configuration to use (so it can be built) right?  That part
at least we should be able to put in stone. (pun intended)  ;-)

Yes and no.  I definitely want the mountain down, but I'd also really like a
solid setting for the town.  We can build some things before knowing what
space we've got, but a lot of stuff is going to have to wait - it's hard to
build something without knowing how much room you've got to build it in!

The container yard & Octan yard I'm less worried about - they've got less
buildings, so are more flexible.

Also - John & Michel (and everyone else, I guess) - can you either bring
what road plates you have, or have a list of them?  That will make life
easier too.

James "Who put the optimist in charge?" Brown
;)