 Off-Topic / Fun / 392
Re: Ldraw cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 04:55:36 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
Jasper Janssen <janssenjasper@hotmail.com> wrote:
Do the US even have a minimum wage? I thought they de-regulated... As

Nah, Larry and his friends haven't gotten all of their insidious wishes yet.

Yeah, just think.  If we abolish the minimum wage then we'll get to
look forward to all these service-oriented jobs paying slave wages.
Then we can enjoy pimply-faced McDonald's style service anywhere! :)

Well that's certainly one possible outcome if nothing else was changed,
but I rather doubt it. Most Mickey Dee's I see seem to be offering well
above minimum to start. One  near my apt in CO was offering 9 an hour to
start, 10 if you could work hours that High Schoolers can't.

So even with the government doing all sorts of silly things our economy
is doing pretty good.

Minimum wage CAUSES unemployment. Followups to .debate not .fun...

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.