 Off-Topic / Fun / 309
Re: Ldraw cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 22:45:42 GMT

What about:

1558 NE 51st St.
1558 NE 51st Pl.
1558 NE 51st Av.
1558 NE 51st Ct.

Or a street that starts as NE 31st St. but after a slight curve
becomes 239 NE Ct.

or Main Street starting in Seattle, then on the other side of Lake
Washington continues and goes on on the other side of Lake Samammish
as a private road. It's still called Main Street.

And while I found NE and SE streets in the Seattle area, what happened
to NW and SW?
Of course, you could have the English street/road naming convention.....
As these roads have been in use since Roman times, many streets have as many
as 5 names....
For instance, many roads going into London are often referred to as London
Road, and are as often referred to as the name of the city from which it has
come as well! The half-way point is often the point at which is referred to
as the other, though that is not always the case. The same road will
also have the more modern letter numbering system,
as well as local variations for the road as well! (I.E. M for Motorways, A
for major
arteries, and B-roads, which are minor roads). There are also local
variations for
the road name, either High St or whatever.
Example- the A40, near me, is also known as the London Road, Oxford Road,
and also
has a number of minor names as well, depending on which section you are on!