 Off-Topic / Fun / 293
Re: Ldraw cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 02:51:34 GMT

"Duane Hess" <DNJHESS@ZDNETMAIL.COM> writes:

It figures.  Not only are we backwards by using feet and inches, we're
backwards with the date too.

And paper sizes -- we use 8 1/2" x 11" (which has the ratio 1.294117647059),
whereas every other sane country uses A4 (approximately 210mm x 297mm) with
an exact ratio of sqrt(2).  The DIN paper sizes fully rock because DIN An is
exactly half a sheet of DIN A[n+1], and you never have to distort or crop
when reducing something.

--Todd