 CAD / 4676
Re: Ldraw cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:19:03 GMT

Well, being from the USA, I always look at where the date is coming from ...
if it's coming from the US you can be sure it's month/day/year...  if it's
from outside the US that's when you have to worry..   do most people outside
the US use day/month/year?  I know our military sometimes uses this format..
and it does get confusing when the day is 1-12.. hehe...  but people should
just recognize that they are posting worldwide and give some type of
indication of the format they are using when they give out dates (or times for
that matter)..

as for the cannon..  I need one!!..  If anyone has a dat file for a cannon
with it's holder then please let me know..

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson writes:

De Bengel wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone made a Ldraw part for a cannon?

____
|oooo| Cheers,
|oooo| Wouter van Wageningen
¯¯¯¯

I have a shooting cannon in my to-render-bucket, but unfortunately, it
has low priority.
Also, at the Tracked Parts List at
http://www3.hmc.edu/~zbenz/parttracker/partlist.shtml it says:
3    Cannon    Zach Coakley    Planning to Work On    1/7/98
I'll never learn if that means January 7th or July 1st, but anyhow if
it's the same cannon, it's been on more to-do-lists for several months
now... (Of course I think the Swedish system is best [yy]yy-mm-dd. It
also makes it easy for computers to sort. Aren't we heading towards
total confusion in the year 2001? But that's a new thread to start... ;)
)

/Tore