 CAD / 198
Re: Date Formats (was Ldraw cannon)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 07:13:27 GMT

Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> wrote:

1/7/98
I'll never learn if that means January 7th or July 1st, but anyhow if
it's the same cannon, it's been on more to-do-lists for several months
now... (Of course I think the Swedish system is best [yy]yy-mm-dd. It
also makes it easy for computers to sort. Aren't we heading towards
total confusion in the year 2001? But that's a new thread to start... ;)

Actually, I always peferred the date format [D]D-MMM-[CC]YY as in 6-NOV-98
or 06-NOV-1998.

At work we have to use [CC]YYMMDD so that things sort properly.

Gary
GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net