 Off-Topic / Debate / 132
Re: Fixing the world (was Re: Ldraw cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 06:22:50 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> wrote:
I have given 5 gallons of blood so far in my lifetime. Sometimes I
fainted while I was doing it. Sometimes I had to miss work without pay
to do it. Was that a sacrifice? Why or why not?

I started giving blood as soon as they would let me in my senior year.
Did it almost without fail every 8 weeks until i got out of the Army
and through some freakish paperwork screwup was told that I was one of
thousands of people who tested false-positive 3 years earlier for
hepatitis something or other and that I could no longer give blood
until the Red Cross came up with a way to work it out.  The fact that
I had given blood every 8 weeks for the previous 2.5 years didn't seem
to matter.  They've never contacted me sense, and I've never felt the
need to drop in on random blood drives for fear of that kind of
embarrasment again.

The answer in all cases is no. No sacrifice.

Yup.

<Mike said: how about them Vols?> >
Dunno, I don't follow football (well, I did notice that the
Broncos seem >to be undefeated, but being in Denver makes that hard
to miss).

Heh, I don't follow football, but living in Knoxville makes it hard to
miss that Tennessee is undefeated as well.  :)  Sometimes I think I'm
the only non-rabid Vol fan in my building.

Me, I wish the universities and colleges would come clean and just
declare college football the minor league sport that it is.  Then
maybe the schools could get back in the business of education instead
of being parking lots that make money during the week by renting space
to teachers and students.

Might have to take advantage of my staff discount and buy a pair of
season tickets for half off and sacrifice them for a nice price next
season.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/ (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans