 Off-Topic / Fun / 304
Re: US Road System (was Re: Ldraw cannon)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 21:02:36 GMT

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 03:02:13 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

I'm wicked surprised (but in a happy way) to hear that some area of the real
world actually did this with color mixing!  So you say that moss-green
street is actually given by a slightly different color of paint on the sign
compared to basil-green street?  Or do they just vary the names and not the
pigments in the paints?

They just vary the names. All signs are blue with white lettering. I
don't know if there is a sysyem in the color names. My knowledge of
those names is almost non-existant so I don't know if a green-street
near the blue quadrant has a blue-hue and one near the red quadrant is
semi-purple.

That's pretty cool!  Does it have an associated color?

No, why? What color would be associated with a university? Actualy, if
I remember correctly, it's black. That must be a conspiracy, cause
most streets in Holland are black.

____
|oooo| Cheers,
|oooo| Wouter van Wageningen