 Off-Topic / Debate / 127
Re: Ldraw cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:12:39 GMT

As for 2) I don't think "government" has anything to do with
protecting the common good.  The "common good" that the government
protects at any given time is just whatever pet project and
self-interest that the special interests with the most money and
lobbyists promote.

A politician has 2 responsibilities in the Western World.....
1) Get into office
2) Stay in office

This is of course, the observed attitude of most politicians.
They will promise the earth to be elected, and when elected,
do just enough to ensure re-election. The few campaign promises
that are ever fulfilled, usually occur within a short period
before re-election time, in order to capitalise on successes.....

Sometimes the notion of democratic autocracy appeals, with the
threat of a bullet to ensure a ballet at appropriate
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/