 Off-Topic / Debate / 125
Re: Fixing the world (was Re: Ldraw cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 17:19:15 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> wrote:
But until you renounce the notion that self sacrifice, whatever the
reason, or for no reason at all, is a good thing, we have no moral basis
for discussion, since your morals are fundamentally flawed. Therefore I
suggest we stop this thread now as we will never fundamentally agree.

Hrmmm, you've used the phrase "your morals are fundamentally flawed"
before to describe your opinion of the morals of people who think it
is ok to pull the price tags off merchandise to try to get a lower
price.  I think you also mentioned something about not wanting to do
business with that type of person.

Not trying to suggest that these two examples are even remotely
similar, but do you see this "self-sacrifice" flaw as being an
essentially wrong thing or just a misguided thing?  I guess that would
depend on how much power the person who was flawed had to inflict that
flawed view on others...

We are not our brother's keepers, nor should we be.

Hrmmm.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET