 Off-Topic / Debate / 113
Re: Ldraw cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 15:23:17 GMT

<366A0E48.901D7C85@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> <F3J7pC.EGt@lugnet.com>

I've read through most of the responses to this, and I have to add that
the Unemployment level directly affects the 'going' wage in a locale.
Take for instance, Fargo ND, we currently have about 1.8% statewide
unemployment, but in Fargo, we have about 0.8% or so ...

What that means, is that the minimum wage is disregarded, and a 'going'
wage is established.  Currently, I could go almost anywhere in town and
'demand' about $6.50/hr starting ... at least, FYI MW is $5.25/hr ... and
that's
fast food.  If you get into more skilled labor, or office type work, starting
would be much closer to $8.00/hr.

True, there are exceptions to the 'going' wages, for instance a truly entry
level
job, or a job designed and staffed by school age kids.

Another thing in this type of economy, is that employees will leave for $0.25
difference.  That makes a big difference.  When an employer knows that
he has an employee that would leave for a little difference, he will pay more
because training a new person is expensive.

-Lee.