 Off-Topic / Fun / 352
Re: US Road System (was Re: Ldraw cannon)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 02:08:01 GMT

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:14:15 GMT, wvw@earthlink.net (De Bengel) wrote:

In a town in Holland (Zoetermeer), they made a new part where all the
roads are color-coded. You have a blue quadrant, a red quadrant, etc.
So the road between the blue and red is called the 'blue-red street'.
And within the green quadrant you have the (I made these up, for I
don't know the english equivalents) moss-green street, the basil-green
street, etc. I never knew there were so many names for different
shades of red/blue/yellow/green. Not all that practical, but I'm sure
it looked cute on the proposal.

The street I really like is in Utrecht, the one that the university is
on, called (loose translation) 'The road to wisdom'

Yeah. Weg naar de Wetenschap. Main arterial road between the
university complex and the freeways and the city.

Always liked that one, myself.

Jasper