 Off-Topic / Debate / 107
Re: Ldraw cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 12:06:00 GMT

Minimum wage CAUSES unemployment. Followups to .debate not .fun...

One of the arguments against the introduction of a minimum wage in
the UK. The practise of some firms to pay near slave-labour wages
in this country provide numerous examples of how *not* working can
pay more, through unemployment and other state-provided benefits!
(And that is without abuses of the system...)
Adds further argument for the overhaul of the benefits system, which
is very difficult to do, if only because of the pinko-liberal/quasi-
communist elements that exist in British politics, who seem to think
that welfare-state economics are far more preferable to a society
that works and is productive!

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/