 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *7959 (-100)
  Re: Road Show Question

(...) hmm. Dr Mango. Is he a doctor, or just another fruit? (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  A fun game?

Here's a fun game for the train folk here. .space has this Seed Part thing they run every month where they take a part no one likes and they build a model around it. I know MonLUG or ParLUGment does this from time to time too-they build a model (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) And pick up your sociopathic tendancies? No, nobody dropped me when I was a kid :) Calum (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Cruiser

(...) Thankfully, there's a mechanic in our office who is just as obsessive about little things and had a pile of subscale corporate logos done up with a vinyl cutter for his own models of corporate vehicles. They came to the rescue of my model and (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Cruiser

(...) Excuse me for sticking my nose in here (RTLToronto newsgroup seems to use half of LUGNET's capacity, you know...), but would it be possible to create new decals to replace the damaged ones? I've got an Alps printer that makes pretty decent (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Brickfest Pipe Racers Rules Updated

(...) Does that mean we get one of them? Oh the desisions. hmm... Derek (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

Derek! WOW, you said EXACTLY what I was going to point out Calum. and you used exactly the same examples. Good job. As a future Ph.D. in "fecal matter agitation" (TDB) or "vocal proximity perturbance" (TDB) I commend you on your quick and correct (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) I figured as much... I was trying to elicit a response from the building owner at the time. (...) although fun, its no longer a challenge. now its almost just as regular as breathing. (...) WOW, Dr. C. Magno. Ph.D.. that has a GREAT sound to (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Brickfest Pipe Racers Rules Updated

(...) are not included... :) Jeff VW (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Brickfest Pipe Racers Rules Updated

Hey folks, I have updated the BrickFest Pipe Racers website: (URL) useful info from Doug Carlson about a PVC equivalent to the 5806SR. It's not a perfect match, but it should work okay. There's also an example track configuration picture (the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) Ok you see this is not pushing someones buttons. It's perfectly understandable for you to be upset about this. The degree to which you are upset may be questionable. I mean it's a PT Cruiser. :-) I think pushing someones buttons is the art of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) You know, it really rather bothers me. I'm one to get angry at a lot of stuff, primarily because no one else gives a care about things that really should be fixed. I'll give you an example of this sort of thing where really the response is, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) Well the explanation for the inconstancy is simple. I ran out of the 1x1 with the ring. I figured the 1x1 with vertical clip was the closest match. :-) (...) I'm glad you managed to push Calum's buttons on this. It's fun watching you push (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) this is true. As an observer I felt this "look" to be odd. I think a few of the younger kids pointed it out to me as well. "Hey, I found 3 monkeys!!! I found 3 monkeys!!! Mister.... why does that yellow building have non matching window sill (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New Rule

(...) This goes both ways, there are some events that get downright upset if you even start boxing up unused rolling stock. As to whether to attend or not, that one would be a no brainer for me. Unless you're getting paid or the cause is really (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Road Show Question

(...) Chris was declaring the building inconsistent because some of the windows were lined with 1x1 grey round rings and others 1x1 grey vertical clips. I've learned over the years he does stuff like this to push people's buttons. I don't understand (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) I'd have to go with Calum on this one. I'd like to do some type of RC Racer thing, like a figure 8 race, but I've already committed some of my parts to other projects. But still, it would be cool to spend one session (that doesn't require much (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Road Show Question

Chris, at one point during the show, I think on Sunday you and Calum where arguing about something. Yes I know I need to narrow it down a lot more. You were pointing at my yellow "City Hall" building and saying something about it and Calum was (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto14 Tentative Event Information Posted

(...) So we need to sort them... can we have the original 2x2 bricks? 2x4s are much harder to sort since they need to be alined first. (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) See my previous post: (URL) for ideas. Happy to help, as long as the rules are really only used for BrickFest. My idea was for an internet based competition, however. Use the rules however you wish. Any, all, none at all. Max (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto

(...) Actually, our layout is 2 modules by four modules. Each module is 96x96 or slightly more than 30" on a side, or 2.5' So the tent is almost exactly 10' across, normal to the sides. I think that makes each side of the hexagon 5.75' long (10' = (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events)

  Re: DCC party? Was DCC and Boosting...

I have 2 AC RCXen. Jeff E (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Things I thought we should not talk about..

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ralph Hempel wrote: I'm at 2180 20th St. E Owen SOund, Ontario (just look for all the yellow busses :) ) I'll call you in a bit, once I get these PC's upgraded. Dave K (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) ...but that's not all she's doing. Iain (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) I'm just worried we'd be spreading the audience a little thin between this, PipeRacers and all the stuff John Barnes is doing... ...I will be putting the final PipeRacers rules up tonight. Calum (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) No problem. Calum (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Things I thought we should not talk about..

Dave, Are you actually at work in our fair city? Ralph (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Things I thought we should not talk about..

(...) Ahh the memories, the laughter, the tears, the "Shut the whatever up!!!" Military Duck Jock anyone? Dave K (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) Stop tempting me!! I really wnat to go but I just can't! WIth something like this, I'd show up with my RC modified 8448 with Marie driving and blow the doors off of everybody else! Well, no, not really 'cause the RC 8448 is much heavier than (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Things I thought we should not talk about..

(URL) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RC RACERS at BrickFest!

I had asked this question a little while ago, and I did not get much resopnse, so I am trying again. Would there be an intrest in having a RC Racer compition at BrickFest? Here is what I was thinking: Where: We use the lobby area on the First floor (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) I seem to recall there was never really a structure built to support the curved track from the top of the ramp to the switch on my side of Altenburg. This would be nice to have. I recall the flexing of the track was causing derailments going (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott wrote: <snip> (...) Wow, there's a thought I've been avoiding--LEGO life without Jeff E. I love Altenburg and all, but seriously, that long red 'backbone' just doesn't sit right. I also have a tough time (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) Hear hear! (...) I design for have a 1 plate height support under the track, even on the ground. It makes the turns work a lot better, same with the switches. Neither can really be brought to height 0. So the heights are: 6.0 - 5.1 - 4.2 - (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) Nahh, I'm getting cleverer in my old age. Altenburg is pretty much together now - so long as Derek doesn't go to plate-high landscaping or decide to redo the roads in teal or something. And I foisted off the ramps on Jeremy, since he wanted (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) Chris, you have far too much time on your hands. Go sell some fireworks or something. As for Hondas-- My first car was the classic '79 Honda Civic hatchback. Cost me 1 dollar to make it all 'official' like. Was in the family for 3 years but I (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto14 Tentative Event Information Posted

(...) 18" is PERFECT!!!!! just walk away from this one calum. if you want 12" then you build at 12. I'm going for all the space we can muster. (...) damn you and your stock footage of the Lego Zoo event. Chris (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) The new Corolla I like the shape of. Agreed, very youthful. But it's too small. The Camry on the other hand, ugh. It looks like a Buick. I sat in one and i found it to be rather bland. It won the "2002 Women's Automotive Good House Keeping (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto14 Tentative Event Information Posted

(...) That's why the word "tentative" is in the title of the page and on this subject line too. To weed out any problems before it goes truly public (ie, readable by noncore participants (ie, the types who don't see each other at Swiss Chalet or (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto14 Tentative Event Information Posted

(...) I'm sure this was just an oversight by calum who is over worked and under paid. (poor, dear, calum. tsk tsk tsk) !!!N O T !!!!! Ok, Wayne, Derek you are both correct. in the rice will be BOTH black and white bricks. I even think it has be (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto14 Tentative Event Information Posted

(...) It was my understanding there would be brick sorting too. This is what Chris was describing to people at the road show when people asked what our next contest was going to be. (...) It was an equal number of black and white bricks, but both (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) I thought the new Toyota line up was anything *but* boring. It's certainly reflected in the atmosphere in the commercials, dealerships, and when you sit in the vehicle. The new Corolla/Camry are aimed at a younger crowd. I think you should (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto14 Tentative Event Information Posted

(...) The game has been simplified, namely no sorting of white bricks from black bricks. That's a little disappointing, but suits me fine since I haven't got that far yet. However, if there is one rule I'd like to see changed, it's the "fits within (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto14 Tentative Event Information Posted

Hi folks, Here's the latest info on rtlToronto14: Raiders of the Lost Part: (URL) has the rulesheet and other useful information. Debate if these are accepatble rules. We'll finalize in a week or two. Calum (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) It's very nice. John gave me a ride to the dealership tonight and I took delivery of a brand new 2003 Accord LX-G. So far it's easy to drive, has all the power I'd want out of it, and is nicely built. Major highlights were: Honda's quality (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thanks, but...

(...) Yeah, air conditioners have this nasty habit of ripping the moisture out of your room along with the heat. You're supposed to make sure they lean out the window just a bit so the water can give the little birdies a place to make mudpies (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto

(...) Hey Andrew! The tent is a hexagonal structure with sides each about six feet long. In our situation, we had a 6 foot (two PNLTC half modules) by 12 foot train layout. We basically took up the center between two opposing sides, leaving a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events)

  Re: HC314 sticker

(...) That was me... I was wrong you were right.... :) for once... Jeff VW (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mars Exploration Rover already on sale???

(...) Dave: Now I know I am not your credit card, but I would bet that you paid $75 USD for that Mars Rover. When the rover was first shown at the Toy Fair in New York in February, the price was $90, but when it first showed up at Shop@Home (did you (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New Rule

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:HHMvBp.K7K@lugnet.com... (...) packing (...) up (...) up (...) From reading all the replies, being rushed at the end of a display event seems to be a fairly common problem. Our group (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Mars Exploration Rover already on sale???

(...) I seem to recall reading something like that in the transcript. However the instructions show no RCX incorporations at all. The rover, when fully built, appears to have room 'inside' for an RCX, but I'm trying to work out in my mind how to (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mars Exploration Rover already on sale???

(...) Hi Dave, If I remember correctly, at the BricksWest keynote Brad Justus mentioned that the MER was designed to work with an RCX. Is there any indication or instructions for that included with the set? Thanks, Paul D. (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mars Exploration Rover already on sale???

(...) Ahh, the clouds have cleared and my vision has been restored! Nicly done Steve. That sale price is much closer to the value of the set, imho. Alas, the problems with owning the first one on the block--an extra 15 dollars! Oh well. Still a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mars Exploration Rover already on sale???

(...) The purpose of this post was not that the set was available from Shop@Home or if some people got it or not, it was to inform people that this is a new set and it is already on sale! (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mars Exploration Rover already on sale???

(...) Got it, see pics of it being built here: (URL) down to bottom) Is a nice set, with a wide assortment of pieces. But didn't we already discuss this? The 'solar panels' are fun to watch fold out, and the other little gizmos--basically steering, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Thanks, but...

So yeah. 66 studs or whatever = 22.625". Got the LG 5000 BTU unit. $179 @ FutureShop. Fits in window. Life should be good. Brought it home, I just set it in the window out of impatience, and not wanting to wait since I left all my tools at work and (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Mars Exploration Rover already on sale???

I was just browsing the Shop@Home website when I stubbled across the NEW Mars Exploration Rover. The MSRP of this set is $89.99 USD and it is now on sale for $74.99 USD. This is valid in Canada and I think in the US too. Go grab those rovers! Chek (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New Rule

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3F09CB93.4224D6...ing.com... (...) packing (...) And afterwards we discussed it and it hasn't been a problem since! Mike (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: DCC party? Was DCC and Boosting...

(...) K, tested the new firmware of Marks in 2 RCX's--one 'master', one 'slave'. Used the lamp bricks as the resistor as well. Works mighty impressive. My problem is I only have 1 AC RCX right now so the slave was running off of batteries. I can see (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Rule

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:HHo7Ew.y27@lugnet.com... (...) assemblies (...) Let's not forget Matt's College Street Streetcar explosion! I think he was carrying his stuff on a cart over the streetcar tracks, and it (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto

I quick question: What is the actaul table space under the tent including corner overlaps. Thanx L. Andrew Reynolds GtwLUG, Saint Louis (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  HC314 sticker

I can't remember who I had this conversation with from the group, but we saw a "HC314" 2x1 tile and they said it was from Adventurers or some other set, and didn't know it was on the My Own Train Stuff. Anyways, here it is: (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: StrongBad made me laugh this week

(...) Well, if anything, rtlToronto events have consistency. Dave K (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: StrongBad made me laugh this week

(...) Well I did get something along the lines of "Hey Mister your railway crossing sucks!". :-) Derek (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New Rule

(...) Who destroys people's modules? Well, so far, only me. 2 for 2. I didn't drop Dave's 'bot though. So at least I'm not around when all disasters take place. Dave K (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Rule

(...) We've had this before here too. During the 4.5 train session we did one weekend at JeffVW's, they started unbolting legs out of modules. I think it was JeffVW or Dave who pulled the legs out under my module and summarily destroyed my yellow (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: StrongBad made me laugh this week

(...) Sorry for that. (...) Yeah, 'tis a sad day for us "Acts of Gord" fans... (...) So there was "Hey Mister..." quotes? Oh right, hardly any robots... (...) How's Abby? (...) Eh, coworkers are giving me their LEGO. Don't get much cheaper than that (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New Rule

(...) I think Cary Clark and I would agree very much. The two of us were methodically tearing down after our first show and noticed the others were about to start pulling table legs out from under Cary's court house (and my 12v track). Frank (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: StrongBad made me laugh this week

it was cute..... I think since you took the time to post about it, it was "built up" for me.... In other news. the world of Gord has nothing new since last time I looked MONTHS ago. In more other news (re the lego zoo event) .... I did not STOMP on (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: DCC party?

Give me a call later in the day then. We have some company on Wednesday night, but we can probably squeeze another person in. I don't have time right now to do the DCC thing, so if you can lend me one after the show, that's fine. On the other hand, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

I'll be at the Laidlaw branch at the outskirts of town. It may be a big upgrade so I might be there all day and have no time for lunch (that's how it usually works, anyway) but after I'm done, I'll be either driving to Port Elgin or crashing in a (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  StrongBad made me laugh this week

(URL) you think it's done, wait 15 seconds. As well, don't forget to move your mouse over some of the text--there are sometimes embedded links in the typing. Dave K (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: DCC party?

Hey, stop on by and we can go out to lunch. I'm at 313 2nd Avenue East. That's towards Harrison park on the main street, and it's on your left as you go south. Give me a call (519) 376-6885 and we can arrange things. I can probably buy a DCC (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto

Hey... it looked like you guys had fun. I'm glad I had a chance to come to the event despite having to work yesterday. I uploaded the pictures this morning from my camera to Brickshelf. Here is the Brickshelf link: (URL) is the my (FTX) version of (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(URL) do the RCX + booster RCX's, we need one RCX with the IR port exposed to a wide an angle as possible to pick up the IR remote signals. THe other RCX's can be completely embedded into the layout--they need a track wire coming from the primary (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

Hey Ralph, you're in luck (I think)--I'll be in Owen Sound tomorrow for business. If you have an RCX (really? You do?) I'll bring up 16 curve pieces plus motor. I'll need the motor back for July 18th for the train show, though. Do you have the track (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) I'm all set for DCC I've downloaded the boosters and such from Mark's page and have tested 'em, but I only have 1 AC capable RCX. I think we'll need at least 3 for the layout--1 for each loop. We'll also need the 5 cm gap pieces to separate (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) The Go Train is dead. Everyone, especially Calum, :-) will be pleased to know that I've finally got board of the Go Train. I'll be taring it down in the near future. It may be present at NMRA but I'm not going to try and run it. (...) I think (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) Track circle is not a problem. I have one decoder, but post NMRA you can borrow it. How long do you need it (...) So basically you`re building a DCC booster. Cool! We could really use one for NMRA with all the track, distance and engines we`re (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: DCC party?

Is anyone willing to sell/lend me a DCC capable train chassis and a small track circle? Mark emailed me the driver for the DCC and I'll be wedging it into pbForth along with the servo driver. I'm also planning to start limited production on an (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto

(...) first day?) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) Mmmmm.... I could look into fitting it into the light house.... Although I think it is too small. There is also the three cubby holes in the back of the dam that are fairly open.... Jeff VW (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Roadshow 2003 Toronto

Hi folks, New day 2 photos up here: (URL) we're back from the Toronto stop of the What Will You Make, Americas? Road Show 2003 event. Held at the Toronto Zoo, Lego presented a new line of new products by involving kids and their families in all (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events) !

  DCC party?

Are we going DCC for NMRA? I'm willing to convert two of my train motors to DCC if we are going to do DCC for NMRA. I will however need help making the conversion. I've done a little soldering but I'm not super comfortable with electronics. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) Love the time crunch--I wouldn't do anything if there wasn't the time crunch. Few more things--both tracks going into Jeff's backbone are at 19 plates--6 bricks plus 1 plate. I did this so there wouldn't be an elevation of 2 plates per track (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laandscaping is fun!

(...) Looks great! (...) Ya I find this makes it very handy for making alterations. I can keep the layout assembled in at one end of my living room and pull out a section or two and work on them in my build area. (...) The joy of the time crunch. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Laandscaping is fun!

So this is what I did in my spare time... (URL) comes apart in sections just like Dereks--which actually made it easier to build. Few things--I'm going to be gone all week, but will be home on the weekend--I'll try to get a few buildings made for (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New Rule

(...) The two side rails for my table. They where leaning up against the small wooden shack beside where I parked the car. I was probibly the one that put them there, but with all the stuff being moved around and me now sure where it was all going (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New Rule

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft wrote: <snip> (...) Glad everyone had a great time. THought of you guys all weekend, when I was prepping for the business trip this week--trucks full of PC's and i'm good to go. I'm on the road until (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New Rule

(...) This is a VERY GOOD rule to have. I have the same rule. After one public event, I had so much help that a lot of stuff got packed up wrong. That creates a domino effect where all subsequent items get packed up incorrectly. At the conclusion of (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Rule

(...) what did you lose? I did a quick walk through and never say any large obvious missing bits? (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  New Rule

Ok, New Rule. No one is allowed to rush me while I'm taking down, packing and putting my part of the layout into my car! I had a great time at the Zoo this weekend talking to the kids and parents, showing off the layout, visiting with people from (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Lego Road Show in Chinese Canadian newspaper

We're pretty used to having press in large Canadian newspapers, but here's an unusual one: (URL) participation in the Lego What Will You Make Americas roadshow tour was highlighted in a small article in Ming Pao Daily Canada, the most read Chinese (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch)

  [rtlToronto] July Dinner Cancelled

Hey folks, Due to the proximity of Roadshow 2003 this week and NMRA the weekend after, we're cancelling the July Dinner. Keep tuned in for info on the next dinner, probably first week or third week of August. Of course, you're all encouraged to come (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  The show is over...

...and I had a great time! It was a lot of fun showing the kids, young and old, the layout, and what you can do with a bit of brick and a bit of time. The monkey-hunting (especially given the location at the Toronto Zoo) was a big hit. I'd like to (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] RoadShow Toronto: This is how we rock it in the T-Dot...

Hey wow you guys rock! Really nice layout. Looks like good weather too. Your Road Show stop looks like it was a success! Dang how cool is that multi-level layout! Go Go RTL! e GardenSLUG (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] RoadShow Toronto: This is how we rock it in the T-Dot...

Hey folks, I'm really tired, but here's some shots from Day 1 of RoadShow 2003 in Toronto (Stop 2, just after Dallas): (URL) are mostly people and setup shots. I'm sure by tomorrow Derek will have hundreds of photos of the actual layout. Full report (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events)

  Re: calling all entomologist (OT - re:bugs)

I took all my Lego out of storage today. Why? Bugs. Building outdoors, I have killed five paper wasp nests, made nice tunnel homes for dozens more wasps (apparently), squished a yellowjacket/giant bumblebee, and vacuumed up a centipede (slurp!) Nice (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: calling all entomologist (OT - re:bugs)

(...) WHO. WHO. *******WHO***** PUTS WASPS AS A WALLPAPER. (...) BUGS!!!!!!!! UGH!!!...!!! UGH!!!...!!! XXX...XXX X We have wasps at ventax, oh my god. The other day I went to go to the washroom, I open the door, unzip my fly, and there are THREE (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact