 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7903
7902  |  7904
Subject:
Thanks, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 23:44:50 GMT

So yeah.  66 studs or whatever = 22.625".  Got the LG 5000 BTU unit.  $179 @
FutureShop.  Fits in window.  Life should be good.

Brought it home, I just set it in the window out of impatience, and not
wanting to wait since I left all my tools at work and can't screw anything
together right now.  I piled some boxes and shirts on top of it, to cover
the gap.  I turn it on... ahhhhh. air.

Then, an hour later, I go back in my room, and my CARPET IS SOAKED and water
is like POURING out of the little bugger!  So I freak out and try to pull
out the cord.

THEN I GET A SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I SAW the spark leap from the plug to
my finger!!!!!

NOT NICE!!!!!!!!

So then I turn it off and yank the cord out by the cable, I'm so mad.  So I
pick it up and carry it to the washroom, and water SPILLS EVERYWHERE.  I
pour the remaining water down the sink.

So now this thing is siting in my washroom doing nothing, I have a soaked
carpet, and I'm all hot and sticky again and its GROSS OUTSIDE.

I can't win.  Ever.  :(

    Iain