 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7869
Re: New Rule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 02:38:13 GMT

Ok, New Rule.  No one is allowed to rush me while I'm taking down, packing
and putting my part of the layout into my car!

This is a VERY GOOD rule to have.  I have the same rule.

After one public event, I had so much help that a lot of stuff got packed up
wrong.  That creates a domino effect where all subsequent items get packed up
incorrectly.

At the conclusion of another event, I sent everyone else home and I completed
packing up alone.  It took me another two hours, but everything was boxed
correctly and my car was loaded to absolute maximum capacity with all items in
the proper places.

The bottom line is:  If you are rushed to pack up and stuff is not stored
properly, damage and breakage occur.  Also, items go into the wrong storage
containers.  This makes preparing for the next event much more difficult and
stressful than necessary.  In my case, days or weeks later I end up muttering to
myself how so-and-so packed up my stuff wrong and now I can't find anything and
I have to re-build a bunch of stuff that I shouldn't have to!

I bet a lot of folks can understand what I mean.

__Kevin Salm__
LUCNY

** Please adjust follow-up groups as appropriate.