 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7871
Re: New Rule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 04:08:51 GMT

Ok, New Rule.  No one is allowed to rush me while I'm taking down, packing and
putting my part of the layout into my car!

what did you lose?

The two side rails for my table.  They where leaning up against the small wooden
shack beside where I parked the car.  I was probibly the one that put them
there, but with all the stuff being moved around and me now sure where it was
all going and trying to keep it in the right order so it would fit in the car I
forgot about them. (now that's a run on sentance) :-)

When you have a small car and a small appartment and a large part of the layout
packing becomes very critical.  Because of this it's very important that I get
the right things in the right places at the right time.  I appreciate all the
offers to help me pack.  I don't want to be rude by refusing help, but I know if
I'm not the one packing stuff away, I'm way more likely to forget something.

I know it takes a long time for me to setup and pack up my part of the layout.
I'm sorry but unfortunately this is just the cost of me being able to
participate in the layout.  I don't have the space to store modules setup, I
can't get them through doorways in my appartment or into my car without tipping
them past 45 deg. and there's no level place to sit them once they are in the
car.  I can't use larger boxes there is just no place to store them, and they
just won't fit into my car efficently.  I believe I've done the best I can to
efficently and effectively design my layout for look, transportability and
storage.

Sorry just a bit of a rant there.  :-)

Anyway I had great time this weekend.  It was a lot of fun and worth doing.  And
it wasn't a big deal having to head back to the Zoo.  They were very nice about
it.

Derek