 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7884
Re: DCC party?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:59:59 GMT

http://home.surewest.net/markril/lego/dcc/beta.html

To do the RCX + booster RCX's, we need one RCX with the IR port exposed to a
wide an angle as possible to pick up the IR remote signals.

THe other RCX's can be completely embedded into the layout--they need a track
wire coming from the primary RCX controlled section to sensor port 1 (with
resistors 'n such as described on Marks page), and then the 3 outputs of that
'slave' RCX goes to the secondary section of track.  These track segments must
be electrically isolated with the 5 cm gap such that the pickup wheels don't
short the two sections together--I haven't destroyed an RCX yet and I don't feel
like blowing up 2.

Other segments can be connected to the primary section with other RCX's in this
fashion.  These 'slave RCX's' don't need their IR ports exposed--they're picking
up the signal right from the primary track.  I dunno if Mark disabled the IR
port of the RCX if the LACC is downloaded to it.

Dave K