 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7924
Re: DCC party?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:04:08 GMT

Do I get to call it Da 'Cord?  You could make your own.  Riceboypage.com here we
come! :)

http://www.riceboypage.com/

TAKEN!!!!

DENIED!!

Chris, you have far too much time on your hands.  Go sell some fireworks or
something.

As for Hondas--

My first car was the classic '79 Honda Civic hatchback.  Cost me 1 dollar to
make it all 'official' like.  Was in the family for 3 years but I didn't have my
licence yet.  When I turned 17, got my license and was cruising down the
backroads of St. Annes, Ontario when I turned one way and the car went the
other.  Turns out that the steering pin broke.  Probably shoulda had a more
careful inspection after having it sit in the driveway for over 2 years.

Eh.

THe next was a 1983 Honda Accord.  This car lasted me over 2 years.  Then
someone t-boned me at a light.  That was that for the Accord.

THen I get the '86 Prelude.

Ohhhh, the Prelude.  8 years of driving bliss.  Peppy, sporty, and standard.
For me still the best looking 'inexpensive' car (like not a porche or ferrari).

But 8 years is hard for a little 4 banger and Preludes were never meant to have
a trailer hitch (I put one on).  So when the rad was going, the exhaust was
swiss cheese from front to back, and the engine was leaking a wee bit of oil
(not too much, but there were spots on teh driveway), and the estimate came in
at 1600 bones to fix the old girl up, I decided to take that money and get a
'reliable' auto--an '85 Buick (yes Calum, a Buick!) Skyhawk.  Well, took my
friends about 3 seconds to give my car another name with 'hawk' at the end, but
the first bit definitly wasn't 'sky'.

Had that for a year or 2, then along comes my friend wanting to pawn off his
pickup.

So that's what I drive today--an '88 Dodge Dakota :)

And there was peace in the land.

Dave K