 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7926
Re: Laandscaping is fun!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:11:58 GMT

David Koudys wrote:

Love the time crunch--I wouldn't do anything if there wasn't the time crunch.

Hear hear!

Few more things--both tracks going into Jeff's backbone are at 19 plates--6
bricks plus 1 plate.  I did this so there wouldn't be an elevation of 2 plates
per track going right into a 0 elevation.  I have provided the plates for both
track elevations at the end of my module so Jeff shouldn't have to worry about
it.

I design for have a 1 plate height support under the track, even on the
ground.  It makes the turns work a lot better, same with the switches.
Neither can really be brought to height 0.  So the heights are:

6.0 - 5.1 - 4.2 - 4.0 - 3.1 - 2.2 - 2.0 - 1.1 - 0.2 - 0.1 - 0.1 - 0.1

It works.  I know; I thought hard about it back in August :)

As well, that one 'ramp up' that comes right out of Calum's station and proceeds
up the ramp to Altenberg--on my module the track is 2 plates high.  Again, if
possible, Calum, could you make the last track segment in your train station 1
plate high at one end and 2 plates high at the edge of your module?

Other than that, all other track entrances and exits are status quo.

I believe that the outer loop is still GO train compliant, but having no 10 wide
anywhere in my collection, I can't test it.

It's only 8 wide; it's just really really long.

Did we come to any decision on a way to store the surplus rolling stock units?
It was mentinoed that the train yard won't be large enuf to accomodate all the
rolling stock that we have.  Or do we just have a box under the layout and grab
when wanted?

Dave K

I'm with the box plan.

Jeff E