 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7920
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto14 Tentative Event Information Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:51:18 GMT

I'm sure this was just an oversight by calum who is over worked and under
paid.  (poor, dear, calum.  tsk tsk tsk)

That's why the word "tentative" is in the title of the page and on this subject
line too.  To weed out any problems before it goes truly public (ie, readable by
noncore participants (ie, the types who don't see each other at Swiss Chalet or
Wendys several days in a row)

Ok, Wayne, Derek you are both correct.  in the rice will be BOTH black and
white bricks.  I even think it has be corrected on line. (calum is very
efficient.)

Done this morning.

Calum has even go so far as to state that we will have 20 of each colour.

Which we had said before.  Decide on whether or not getting a white one is more
painful than a black one.  (ie, you get a -5 for every white, and a +1 for every
black) so that your robot needs to be risk averse (a false positive is worse
than losing a black brick)

OR should a white one be the one you're aiming to keep, because they're hard to
discern from rice?

all that is left is the 18".

We all did agree to an 18" size cause this will probably need to be a multi
part robot.

I put that in red (all the items in debate are in red) because I think 18" is
far too large given the size of the playfield.

once i have an RCX back hoe, then I just need to build a rice/brick sorter.

So it'll work like this? :)

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-070503/lego-070503-robot.jpg

Calum