 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7861
Re: calling all entomologist (OT - re:bugs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 17:52:36 GMT

I took all my Lego out of storage today. Why? Bugs. Building outdoors, I have
killed five paper wasp nests, made nice tunnel homes for dozens more wasps
(apparently), squished a yellowjacket/giant bumblebee, and vacuumed up a
centipede (slurp!) Nice wasp pictures by the way. Two mice have done themselves
in accidentally on my worksite (one drowned, one hung itself) and a squirrel has
curled up and died under a board. I think my bunny, who ate the clover the bees
like so much, was killed by the hawk. Nature!

Yesterday I uncovered the mother city of ant farms--LIVING IN MY WALLS! Ack! I
pry off some plywood and foam board with a putty knife and it's ants, ants,
ants! Big carpenter ants! Hundreds of them!

All work has been halted until the Orkin man can come over. People are joking
that the carpenter ants could have the job done by now.

That leaves the weekend to play with Lego. Tim Courtney likes how Lego is always
square. Yes.

I found another ant in the basement. The spiders are not keeping up.

First my tree falls over, then the fence blows down, now carpenter ants. Why are
the former owners of the house laughing?

-Erik
Milwaukee, WI