 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7858
Re: calling all entomologist (OT - re:bugs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 23:21:18 GMT

Rob, thanks for the try.

As well as asking for help here, I sent out a few e-mails to
entomologists who left their e-mail address on the web.

to my pleasant surprise, one replied within a few hours to tell me that
what I had seen was indeed a wasp.  Chlorion aerarium

http://insects.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/sphecidwasps/chlorion.html

so the next time I see this blue beast I know not to pet it.

Chris
"buzzzzzzz.."