 Off-Topic / Fun / 9292
Re: Yet another one for Maggie!!! Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:53:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ron Sedlmeyer writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:

The artist who made it can say, 'I made this.  It is my representation.  It
is art.'  It doesn't matter if it was made out of cow paddies and tuna fish

Aaaagh!  Here we were having a light-hearted debate and that evil
linguistic device cropped up again.

Which? Cow paddies? I don't even know that those are. I know what rice
paddies are, though. (and they are not art, they're just farms.)

Let's see.....I think the politically correct description is
"Cow Dung"

I take it you've never heard of cow pattie tossing contests. You
pick them up and throw them AFTER they dry up! Kinda of like
Frisbees (sp?).

Um, those are patties. I went to da Tech, I've played cow pattie bingo.

But in this case, I'm asking about paddies. There's a difference. Just ask
Dave! He gave a perfectly good explanation. (well, ok, it wasn't perfect. In
fact it wasn't even good. But it was given by Dave! That's enough for me.)

And as for letting typos go? Really, why even ask? Everyone knows that I
love to work typos until all the humor is mined out of them. Yes, everyone
knows that, even Dave!