 Off-Topic / Debate / 16200
Re: jumping to conclusions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 11:34:44 GMT

These beliefs
mean that I oppose the actions of both "PLO terrorists" and the Israeli
state. My views on human rights and international law, together with my
understanding of recent middle-east history, leads me to sympathize with the
Palestinian people, not with "PLO terrorists". I hope you understand the
distinction between the two.

Sorry, there isn't one.  The PLO represent the Palestinians.  Whatever the PLO
does, the Palestinians support them.

*sigh*

Anyone who supports the actions of
terrorists is just as culpable as the terrorists themselves.

In 1953, a unit under command of Ariel Sharon, attacked the village of Qibya
in Jordan 60+  were murdered. The day after the attack a UN observer said
that the IDF had forced civilians to stay in their homes whilst they were
demolished around them. Do you support Sharon?

Are there any nations which have not supported terrorists in the past? Your
own? I won't even bother reciting the terrorist groups your nation has
supported in the past.

Here's an image for you:  Palestinians dancing and celebrating in the streets
after 9-11.  No sympathy here, buster.

Did you ever ask yourself "why"?

I did not expect an answer from you on this. The reality is that anyone who
did celebrate the loss of life on September-11 probably would view those
killed as being supporters of the “Zionist oppressor/aggressor/whatever”.
That is, in the same simplistic manner you think all Palestinians are
terrorists; they may well have viewed all US citizens as their oppressors.

It is clear that education is required on both sides.

Scott A