 Off-Topic / Debate / 16265
Re: jumping to conclusions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:31:01 GMT

I use the term "terrorism" as the specific, random targeting of civilians for
the purpose of terrorizing them.  Notice I don't even mention intent other than
to terrorize.  There is no rationality behind terrorism beyond terrorizing.  It
is irrational.

Let's just stick to the normal usage/definition of words... not your
distorted definition.

What part of my definition would you consider a distortion?  But even with the
definition you supplied, I wouldn't call the example Fredrik provided
"terrorism".

-John

I think this is pretty good:

"Terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or
property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or
any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives." (FBI)

Scott A