 Off-Topic / Debate / 16262
Re: jumping to conclusions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:55:43 GMT

I think this is a very important point, which I would like to see more
focus on.  It is a sad fact that occupied people tend to use violent
and immoral action against the occupiying force.  It should also be
noted that such actions, which can be often be described as terrorism,
are commonly supported by the occupied people.  The history of
occupied Europe througout WWII should have teached us this.

I use the term "terrorism" as the specific, random targeting of civilians for
the purpose of terrorizing them.  Notice I don't even mention intent other than
to terrorize.  There is no rationality behind terrorism beyond terrorizing.  It
is irrational.

Let's just stick to the normal usage/definition of words... not your
distorted definition. I think this is pretty good:

"Terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or
property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or
any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives." (FBI)

Scott A