 Off-Topic / Debate / 16232
Re: jumping to conclusions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:11:58 GMT

Or even acknowledge the
role of your own country in supporting terrorism.

We fight terrorism.  Ask Osama, if you can find the rock that that
scum will be hiding under for the rest of his damned life.

This makes it seem that you don't understand how we "fight terrorism" on
stage and toss terrorists scraps under the table.  Do you really believe all
that one-sided Amerika is the land of goodness tripe?  We are a political
entity and we do evil things in order to secure our continued power base.  I
would be willing to entertain the argument that the net effect to the world is
on the side of good (as we understand it), but the notion that we have no role
in supporting terrorism (in dozens of spots around the world in recent history)
is laughable.

What do you really mean by all this?

I am anti-Palestinian *because* they support terrorists.  We (US)
would be doing the same thing Israel is doing if Israel somehow
couldn't.

They who?  You make a big deal about there being no Palestinian state when it
suits you, but you use a very broad brush when painting "them" as terrorists.

I'll tell you what "we (US)" would be doing...the same exact thing as the
Palestinians if our roles were reversed.  After all, who would not?

The sooner the Palestinians learn this, the sooner there will be peace:

You *cannot* win peace through terror.

They just may yet do so.  It's clear that if they stay quiet, they won't have
peace.  So maybe bombing civilian targets week after week, proving beyond a
shadow of a doubt that they value freedom more than their lives or the lives of
others, will get enough attention that the world will intervene.  The outcome
of international intervention, after all, couldn't really be worse than what
they've been through all along...right?

You can't.  You won't.  Period.  It is
irrelevant what your situation is. It will not happen.  It cannot be *allowed*
to happen, because that kind of behavior *must* never be rewarded.  You have • no
"right" to inflict it.  It is not "justified" resistance.  It is evil, and it • is
wrong.  And if you insist upon using it, then there is no place in a civilized
world for you.

If you disagree with that, then our discussion is over.

OK.  It's over.  It is foolish to penalize people for doing the only thing that
they can.  You might as well just roudn them up into camps and murder them all.
At least then it would be over with.

Chris