 Off-Topic / Debate / 16241
Re: jumping to conclusions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:10:39 GMT

I was referring to PLO *terrorists*.

So, if it is only the PLO terrorists who are uncivilised troublemakers, why
are you anti-Palestinian?

<typing slowly so you will finally get it> The Palestinians *support* the PLO
and all of their terrorist activity.  The PLO murders *on behalf* of the
Palestinians, *with their blessing*.  *That* is why I am against them.  Let them
renounce the PLO and terrorism and I will change my tune.  But I don't ever see
that happening, especially when people around the world such as yourself believe
that terrorism in this case is somehow justified.

2) Israel is a peace loving nation.

Never said that.  What would Israel know of peace?? She has
never been allowed to exist in peace!

Let’s just question this.

<snip yet another isolated incident that occured decades ago that is by and
large irrelevant>

3) There is an international anti-Israeli media conspiracy which distorts
reality.

I never said that, either.  I said there is a liberal bias in the media, which
tends to sympathize with the Palestinians.

Proof please?

There have been *books* written on the subject.  It is common knowledge.  If you
can't see it, you are either a part of it or brainwashed by it.

Answer me this, Scott:

1. Is terrorism ever justified?

I have made my views known on this already – in this very thread!

A simple yes or no.  I asked because I'm not sure.

2. Was the attack on 9-11 justified?

I have made my views known on this already – I’m rather offended you have
even asked me this.

A simple yes or no.  Why offense?  Your responses throughout this whole
discussion make me wonder.

3. What in your opinion *should* have been the US response?

<snip sarcastic drivel>

Typical.  So quick to criticize, but yet if it were to have happened to you, you
have *no idea* how you would have responded.  You probably think that it *
wouldn't* ever happen to you, because you wouldn't have ever put yourself in the
situation to have it happen to you.  Arrogant, yet naive.

What about you, do you know *WHY* 911 happened?

Look.  If you are going to sit there and insinuate that somehow *we* are to
blame for 9-11, you are an idiot.  The attacks on 9-11 occured because a group
of Arabs hated enough to deny their own humanity to murder innocents.  IT HAS
NOTHING TO DO WITH US.  I don't care what foreign policy you care to cite, IT
HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US.  It has *everything* to do with their own hatred and
intolerance.  Period.

Do you care?

Of course I care!  Because I don't want it to happen again.

Do you want
justice or revenge?

Which do you think?

5. Has the PLO ever promised peace?

I expect it has.

Hmmm.  Not so quick to look up peace treaties ever broken by the Palestinians...
I wonder why?

-John