 Off-Topic / Debate / 16218
Re: jumping to conclusions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:03:29 GMT

In the future, try to view this as a battle of good v evil. Israel = Good
and Palestinians = Evil. You’ll find the world much easier to deal with that
way. I find that most international disputes (as well as much smaller
day-to-day issues) can be handled much quicker this way.

;-)

  Here's another question to help reduce my ignorance:  what's the source of
the claims that I've heard again and again and again and again in the
various media that the PLO in particular and vocal extremist groups in the
Arab world in general simply want to exterminate the Jews, at least in the
Middle East?  I mean, we've all read about the Saudi press and the recent
"Jews cook with human blood" piece, so there's obviously an anti-Jew
sentiment in parts of the academic community.  Whatever else I've heard
about the ME conflict, I've never heard that Israel wants to exterminate
Arabs or Palestine, but I've repeatedly heard the converse.  Is there any
truth to these claims, or is it simply pro-Israeli propaganda?

     Dave!