 Off-Topic / Debate / 16176
Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:57:53 GMT

Yes, leave it to the scum to circumvent law to appease their perversions.  The
slippery slope slants both ways.

Our society will be hurt by this.

Have you read the proposed law?  It was far to broad to enacted or objectively
enforced.  Any movie that portrayed high schoolers in adult situations, nothing
graphic mind you, would be considered child pornography under this law.  That
is only a small example.  I'm thankful this law was shot down.

I have noticed one thing in all your posts that continually nags at my
conscience.  Your ideas about art stem from a completely subjective view of the
world.  Definitions and laws need to have objective standards so that abuse can
be minimized.  Subjective laws and definitions allow other people to think for
us, we no longer could judge for ourselves whether or not to be offended.  I
don't have a problem with what was probably the intended effect of the child
porn law.  What I have a problem with is someone else choosing my morals.

Leonard