 Off-Topic / Debate / 16233
Re: jumping to conclusions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:33:58 GMT

OK.  It's over.  It is foolish to penalize people for doing the only thing that
they can.  You might as well just roudn them up into camps and murder them all.
At least then it would be over with.

Chris

Doing the only thing they can?  Strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up
women, kids, houses and villages?  Only thing they can??

I don't care what the world could throw at me, there will *never* come a
time when I would feel justified to strap TNT to myself and go blow up
civilians.

Thus the fundamental difference--these people are what would be called
'fanatics'--not capable of objective, rational thought.

So what's the difference b/w me and these terrorists?  I was not brought up
to *hate* a person or a race, but rather rejoice in the differences we offer
one another.  I was taught to seek resolution of conflicts.  I learned that
there is always 'another side', another way of understanding an issue.

I was taught to *not* hate.  These fanatics were taught *to* hate.

A 'Just' war is something I can support, fanatical spreading of terror, not
so much.

Anyway, *if* it were me in charge, I'd call for a time out and put these
spoiled kids in a corner, and to only come out when they're ready to talk.