 Off-Topic / Debate / 16227
Re: jumping to conclusions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:02:22 GMT

Terrorism is *wrong* and *evil*, plain and simple.

But yet, you refuse to condemn Israeli terrorism!

What Sharon did *ALMOST 50 YEARS AGO* was wrong-- Israel itself is not proud of
some of those early day policies.  But that was a long, long, time ago.  Times
have changed, and so has Israel's policies.  Citing events that occured almost a
half century ago is not a very good argument to describe the present.

The most outrageous act of terrorism I ever knew (until 9-11 of course) was the
PLO kidnapping and butchering Israeli athletes in Munich in '68. The Olympics,
for God's sake!  What could be more horrible, than to take a cooperative event
based on trust and understanding among nations and turn it into a world stage
for murder!  Explain *that* to a 7 year old kid.  But I don't go tossing that
stuff around.  Well, until now.

Or even acknowledge the
role of your own country in supporting terrorism.

We fight terrorism.  Ask Osama, if you can find the rock that that scum will be
hiding under for the rest of his damned life.

You claim all
Palestinian’s are "PLO terrorists".

Not what I said.  I clarified what I meant, but you apparently are so fixated on
you little transitive axiom that you can't understand that.  *sigh*

You are unable to acknowledge the most
simple of truths about Israel.

The most simple truth about Israel is that she has been under seige by Arabs
since even before she was (legally, as mandated by the UN, because I *know* how
much you love and respect the UN) a state.  It seems to me that the party who
can't seem to understand the most simple truth is the Arabs.  Israel is real--
accept it.

You’re not anti-terrorism, you are anti-Palestinian. "Terrorism" is a cover
for your rather suspect views. You lack credibility on this issue.

That's your opinion, my friend, and you are entitled to it.  I am anti-
Palestinian *because* they support terrorists.  We (US) would be doing the same
thing Israel is doing if Israel somehow couldn't.

The sooner the Palestinians learn this, the sooner there will be peace:

You *cannot* win peace through terror.  You can't.  You won't.  Period.  It is
irrelevant what your situation is. It will not happen.  It cannot be *allowed*
to happen, because that kind of behavior *must* never be rewarded.  You have no
"right" to inflict it.  It is not "justified" resistance.  It is evil, and it is
wrong.  And if you insist upon using it, then there is no place in a civilized
world for you.

If you disagree with that, then our discussion is over.  You can disagree with
it, but that's your business.  To me, it is absolute and not open for debate.

-John