 Off-Topic / Debate / *15431 (-100)
  Re: My top 10

Hi Borislav - First off, I'm quoting your message with one of the latter paragraphs first: (...) I would suggest if you want to make your point and have it be well accepted by the person you are targeting it at, you try not to insult them or attack (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My top 10

(...) I did. You've explained your opinion well in the new post. (...) I never mentioned that it would prevent me from being able to express my ideas or opinions. I merely point out that my credibility isn't the same and therefore wouldn't hold as (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: My top 10

(...) I just made a new post where I snipped out the specific issues that I feel need to be addressed. Please take a look at it. (...) You are correct that you would not have the same status/recognition. But that would not prevent you from sharing (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: My top 10

(...) Where did Bryce once mention that posting MOCs is a requirement for participation? I've read his message numerous times now and I don't see where he mentions this at all. By this logic, I should be able to post in .train and have similar (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: America at Work, or When in Doubt -- Shred It!

(...) Assuming you meant "funding", well, politicians make lots of noises about that but invariably don't bite the hand they feed themselves with. It's pretty much legalized bribery as long as you jump through the right hoops. It's really up to the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: America at Work, or When in Doubt -- Shred It!

(...) What ever happened to the moves to reform party finding in the US? Has “patriotism” swept that aside too? Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: America at Work, or When in Doubt -- Shred It!

(...) There is nothing wrong with a bit of conjecture. Bush is used to it. :) (...) You make it sound like the American dream has been attained. Has it? Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: America at Work, or When in Doubt -- Shred It!

(...) I think any pundit could have predicted this even by gazing into Willa the Witch's Lego crystal ball. :-) We are going to see a lot of politicians scurrying about like cockroaches once some light is shed on their part in this. (...) The only (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: America at Work, or When in Doubt -- Shred It!

(...) I dunno, I am willing to believe that Bush, et al had their collective hands deep inside the cookie jar here -- but that is conjecture only. (...) Wait until we get social security reform, or dispense with it altogether, and then perhaps the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: America at Work, or When in Doubt -- Shred It!

(...) Come-come Richard, the real bad guys here are at Enron. Republicans were only enjoying their hospitality. :) It is great to see how private sector companies feel they can ruin their employee’s pensions... Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My top 10

(...) I honestly do not see what is wrong with posting a list of personal favorites to a group and thus sharing that list of favorites with others and inviting them to discuss their favorites as well. (...) No, not yours, Dave. I'd rather not name (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My top 10

(...) We aren't upset at you for this, Jacob. We respect that you have such a list....I have one as well. I choose to post mine on my website rather than leave it out in the open (as you have done) for everyone to scrutinize. (...) I can't disagree (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  America at Work, or When in Doubt -- Shred It!

Hey Y'all: I predicted some of this last month, was it too obvious? (URL) thanks to all of you that voted republican -- with politicians as honest as these, who needs actual criminals? -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What is a "review"?

(...) It's not relevent because he's not making the comment on other elements, he's making comment on the Jack Stone one. (...) That's right he can form and express opinions in writing. It's when he calls it a "review" that it worries me. (...) But (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What is a "review"?

(...) Allan's familiartity with other lego sets and elements is absolutely relevant, how could it be otherwise? That fact is practically the soul of his reviews. As to his familiarity with Jack Stoned, I'll concede his methods might have been more (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Eastern european peoples/cultures

Hi there! Can anybody help me on this? I would like to know some facts and figures about Eastern european peoples/cultures, namely from Russia, Ukraine and Moldavia. If anyone has reliable information about living conditions and wages there, please (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Bionicle Parts in LDraw (was: Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf)

(...) Please keep one thing in mind: the Slizer/Bionicle parts are some of the most ornate, detailed elements LEGO has ever produced. So it's little wonder that they aren't all modeled. But, a number of Throwbot/Slizer/Robo...r/Bionicle parts have (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue

(...) Thats just great. Somebody disagrees with you and you tell them to vanish and deman them while asking them to go. Heh, and they still call Lugnet the most friendly place on the net. I used to think it was... -Rich Lugnet member #267 (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue

(...) And I'm going to call you... Steve... How's that? :-) Jude (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Hi Dave! Nice to hear from you :-) See you next month.... "Dave Johann" <legomecha@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:GpLDLH.5BB@lugnet.com... (...) But - does the Brickshelf viewership - at least those who do not like the images - need to be (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue

(...) I'm going to call you... GULLIBLE... How's that? Or how about this? HUMORLESS... :\ ---SteveR (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue

(...) Lol! You think I am Matthew, LOL, thats funny. Just because I put you in your place I *must* be matthew, lol! Why do you not reply to what I said? Is it because you know I am right? You must know this if you are stooping to calling names. I (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) You said it yourself: 'a near-exact representation of the real thing.' How many people can actually draw 'a near-exact representation of the real thing' even with the help of a painting/drawing program. Very few, and of those that can even (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Funny, but using the same criteria, I could say I'm tired of all the same, boring castle creations that keep flooding BS. It doesn't mean I'm right, but I could say it. It's all a matter of opinion. -Dave (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  While in Harrisburg... (was: Try for summary of this debate...)

(...) Larry, while you're here, and if you have a free day, check out the Railroad Museum of PA located in Strasburg, across the street from the Strasburg Railroad. Museum: (URL) Railroad: (URL) fairly easy to get to from Harrisburg (1 hour): Take (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Replying to myself... This was perhaps an issue best left to an email to Kevin, which I have now sent. My apologies, Kevin, I didn't want to sound negative or cast any bad light on Brickshelf -- I think you're doing a great job! Cheers, - (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) (URL) I think it's discontinued, based on two items: - no longer linked from the front page - my last donation isn't recorded in there ($25 on 2001-09-25) I wonder why it's no longer linked to, has Kevin entered a situation where he no longer (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> wrote in message news:GpKz04.Jvn@lugnet.com... (...) This was actually my point. I've read Kevin Lochs post and I'm fine with it. Whats good with him is good with me frankly. In retrospect I should have (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> wrote in message news:GpKz04.Jvn@lugnet.com... (...) :-) Hey sign on AIM, I'm actually back on now. We're all in Bricklug chat. fut - lugnet.people -Tim(my) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue

(...) us to bite the hook. The best solution is for all of us to let this go and move on. Obviously we[1] should agree to disagree on on certain issues and move on. Face it the owner of Brickshelf has spoken so the time for debate is over. Don't (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue

"tom" <tinosanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpKvLE.8u7@lugnet.com... (...) said" Matthew-- I mean Tom. Stop now. Please. I really think its time for you to go back and lurk some more. Or go do whatever it was you did before this thread. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

"tom" <tinosanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpKxEH.Epo@lugnet.com... (...) Really, (...) Don't you realize typing in all caps is immature? And maybe I snipped that because I had no argument with it or acknowledged it. Maybe you'll never (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

Noticed you cut every part where I said that I do not think that image belongs on brickshelf, very clever Timmy. But have you realised that I DO NOT THINK ADULT IMAGES BELONG ON BRICKSHELF! Do you understand this? Really, honestly... do you? tom (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"tom" <tinosanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpKwos.Bpt@lugnet.com... (...) Wow, you're very articulate. And smart too, for finding a derivitave of my name. I applaud you. (...) up... I most definitely did not put that image up. After viewing (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

(...) Timmy, shut up! How many times do I have to say adult content is not approiate for brickshelf? Really Timmy, how many times must I say this befor it registers in that thick head of yours?? This is really making me sick. (...) SO DO I TIMMY - I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Try for summary of this debate...

(...) I agree 100%, and even if we did have hard data on this, it is not our place to worry about bandwidth, that concern is Kevin's and not ours. Kevin is the one who pays for it, not us - so he should be the one concerned with this. tom (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue

And before you go off and say that I misquoted you, (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue

The title of this should be 'Jon trying to change and cleanup what he said" (...) it was a 'I do not like these, so lets get rid of them' post. (taken from your first post on this) "These Avatar images (etc..) seem to pertain to a website called (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

(...) Are you trying to say I did this? If you are saying that I did this please be man enough and say it. I noticed you left out any names on your 'thoughtfull' post. *For the record*, **I did not put any pictres up on brickshelf**, but if your (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Try for summary of this debate...

(...) I'd like to highlight this a bit more. I think it would be a big mistake to make any value judgements based on popularity contests for what content is allowed. A "highlights" page which brought forth folders or images which are highly rated (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Try for summary of this debate...

(...) Can we stop speculating about the bandwidth used. Kevin is really the only one who can answer that, and until we know they are a bandwidth problem, it's somewhat pointless to speculate about that. (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Try for summary of this debate...

(...) Absolutely agreed. I think we've got to be careful about how we talk about the bandwidth issue until we have hard data. (...) I definitely agree with the above. (...) Umm, isn't a 9 year old breaking Brickshelf's TOS no matter what he/she (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head -- Mark's Lego Creations (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) *whoosh!* That's the sound of sarcasm going over your head. Jeff (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:GpJJ4K.5Du@lugnet.com... (...) Tim, your efforts in attempting to reply to _every_ single statement that "tom" makes have earned you the title of Tireless Rebutter: (URL) go to bed. Or to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message news:GpI9wI.B8F@lugnet.com... (...) Find tolerance. Sorry for being so blunt, by the way. -- Cheers, Paul LUGNET member 164 (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:GpIBx2.FDz@lugnet.com... (...) easy! (...) Yeah, thanks for sharing, Evil Clown. (URL) member 164 (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message news:GpJ9nA.M6F@lugnet.com... (...) far (...) post (...) Tolerate the avatars, please! They are so easy to ignore. Don't blow _them_ out of proportion. I find yet-another-mecha about as exciting (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Try for summary of this debate...

(...) Remember, these aren't seen only by people looking at the Brickshelf recent page. They are loaded everytime the owner posts a message to a webforum, which means every time a person reads one of those messages, the images gets loaded (barring (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Try for summary of this debate...

(...) Just looking at the size of these, they seem negligible even compared to the stuff in my own folders. So I don't think bandwidth is a huge factor. The main beef I would have is that they put each one in a separate folder (which you talk about (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Try for summary of this debate...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: -snip- for brevity (...) A fair summary. Wisely left out the emotional baggage that got picked up on the way. (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Try for summary of this debate...

(...) (gen*I*talia but who's counting) OK, thanks for that info. I've seen nekkid girls before so I guess I didn't miss much there. But was it anyone we KNOW??? Um, can I suggest that someone summarize the larger discussion and see if it can be put (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

<snippage of old convos> (...) First of all, bandwidth is not your concern. No matter how you spin it, bandwith is not your concern. And that is not how this starterd, it started. This started because Jon thought they were ugly and was tired of (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

(...) It was an image of a totally naked woman with LEGO bricks covering up the genetalia. -Tim (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

(...) I think the admins have dealt with it already because I get a blank page. Can someone (while remaining within the bounds of gentle speech and the LUGNET TOS, please) say what it was? Who or what was it insulting/mocking, etc? Thanks (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Ouch! I had not heard that particular turn of phrase before and the vision it brings me is *not* a pain free one in any way shape or form. That is the only reason I set XFUT to .fun... to share that vision with y'all. If you feel like (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) I missed the image. Was it a la 'American Beauty' ? Then you are right, that is more interesting. - Kyle (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) I think it is abuse because it seems like they're always some new ones, usually in the same folders or by the same people, they are of no interest to *anyone* I know browsing the recent page, and they are not showcasing models or ideas or Lego (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

(...) <Ahem> Good point (and for the record-- no:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

(...) What if it was Kevin who deleted them? You calling him a twit? ;D Jeff (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

(...) Indeed. And now the twit has removed them. I did, however, download the images and will be forwarding them to Kevin for his consideration. -John (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Rob Drechsel" <robo2705@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpJury.DpI@lugnet.com... (...) Jason at (...) don't (...) Though inappropriate, its 'Lego-related content.' I'd be expecting Tom Inosanto to be defending it anytime now. For the record, I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

(...) This is uncalled for, and it's certainly not needed on brickshelf. I don't want to hear it justified because "it has bricks!" Rob robo2705@hotmail.com (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Had to Push it? (you immature twit)

Well, I think this sums it up: (URL) take long. And some moron will eventually come along and burn Jason at Brickfilms as well (to tie in another debate). <sigh> -John (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) I still don't see how they are abuse (now if a single individual had uploaded say 1000 [or even 10] avatars each in their own folder so that they dominated the recent updates pages, that might be abuse). To be honest, I find the pages (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Of course many of the repeat viewings will be satisfied from cache and will take very little Brickshelf bandwidth (some is still used to check to see if the file has changed). I'm afraid we will have to let Kevin publish some stats on (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) I find that your statements to the effect that Jon is immature for suggesting it means you feel he is NOT within his rights. (...) You're not getting the point. We want a change in TOS. We realize they do belong, we want that to change. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Inosanto writes: <snip> (...) Obviously, you don't. Have your own server host these erroneous bits of drivel if you do. (...) I don't think Jeff has to be told what he was saying, he's very competent. (...) This, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

<snip old convo> (...) Never said you could not ask for this ban. Please point me to where I did say that. (...) And I understand that. (...) lol, maybe not in that line but its what you are saying. (...) I agree with you 100% (...) Yes it does, go (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"tom" <tinosanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpJL5L.BLE@lugnet.com... (...) it, (...) And (...) Are you saying a majority opinion disliking the images would be irrelevant because they are LEGO related? Hypothetically, what if Kevin were to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Calling us immature and telling us to "grow up" doesn't insinuate that you believe we have no right? Fine by me, believe what you will, but don't lie about it. (...) Too bad, you keep saying the same thing over and over. Obviously we don't see (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Right. So if they're hosted on Brickshelf and thus appear as an ID on posts do they ALSO need to appear in "recent images" (...) Not following you here. Checking that box would not prevent the image from being served up, just from being shown (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Yes. I do dislike them. I dislike a number of other things, too, but I'm not calling for bans on them. Why? I don't think they are abuses. The basis for every complaint has been becausse of disliking something. Anyway, who are you to determine (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

<snipped alot of old convo> (...) Maybe to you, but does that mean it is valid in my eyes? Not saying it does not, but does it mean it applies across the board? No. (...) Yes he does, as do you. I never said you do not have that right. Can you show (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Do you really need my answer to that? (...) Like or dislike, adding alot of value vs. adding little value does not factor into it, they are lego-related images. Like it or not, they are. And Brickshelf is such a place to host Lego related (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Tim certainly can determine what he thinks is a quality MOC. He could have dropped the word "quality" and it would have been valid. (...) You're right, Tim doesn't have the right to determine what is allowed on Brickshelf. He DOES, however, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) 3kb files on a high traffic board such as that, probably get 100's of hits (each) EASILY. Whereas the 100k files are probably seen 5 times in the same timespan. Not to mention those 100k files eventually don't get seen ever again once everyone (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) And you have stats on what is being accessed how often? What takes more bandwith... a 3kb file being accesed 25 times on a 100+kb file being accessed two times? tom (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Unfornently, NO, it's NOT! I don't know about you, but I prefer to hit that button once maybe twice to catch up on what I've missed. Now though, I find myself hitting the button 5 or 6 times. Granted that isn't a lot, but it all becomes very (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

Boy Jon, you will attack me any way you can huh? first you call for me to be banned, then you think I am MM?? Give it a rest man, you came up with a very bad idea, let it go! And the `,D smileicon is widley used, maybe not here on Lugnet, but is (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Your evidence? (...) So would I, but these lego images are not abouse of anything. They are lego-related. If you are truly concerned about people blatantly abusing the TOS then go after the non-lego images, espically the ones that are 100kb+ (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"tom" <tinosanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpJGnr.Ky4@lugnet.com... (...) news:GpIFL7.MEB@lugnet.com... (...) these (...) what (...) of (...) When did I say they didn't have a right to be on Brickshelf because of that? I was unaware I was (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"tom" <tinosanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpJFI2.GMx@lugnet.com... (...) news:GpI890.8D8@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) Well? (...) to (...) deal (...) If its a majority opinion that it adds little value and the admin of such free service (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"tom" <tinosanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpJI02.2Iu@lugnet.com... (...) generate (...) Storing a file on a server takes up no bandwidth [1]. Accessing that file through the internet remotely does. Chat avatars are accessed much more than (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) A small files that is loaded over and over again uses MUCH more bandwidth than a large image loaded a few times. (...) There you go, you got a guidline. :) Jeff (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Your felling they are abuse is because you do not like them, and they take up space for items you do like. Just so happens that there are many of these items you do not like. But they are lego related, like it or not - they are lego related (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) 12 year old BZ member: "This avatar I'm uploading takes up very little space, so it must be OK" Realistically, I don't think it's possible to come up with a guideline which allows the eg andersson and not eg (URL) I'd be disappointed to see (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) I was unaware you were appointed to determine what is quality moc's and what had a right to be on brickshelf.. And there is not an overwhelming amount of these images, thats just you stretching the facts to gan points for you. (...) Agreed, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) My reasons for feeling they are abuse is due to the drowning out of content I, and other fans I speak to on a regular basis, am interested in, the bandwidth issues, and their general appearance. Frankly, I think they're ugly. I wouldn't (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) ummmmm... (...) So because something adds little value to you its ok to ban it? Hmmm, you know cad images add little value to me - so can we ban those while we are at it? (...) Not for the first goround, but for his second attack (as far as I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Actaully, thats a very bad idea, here is why: These people make and upload these to be seen, thats the point of these things - to be used as an id for posts. Do you think that these people would mark a box that would basically keep them from (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue

(...) Looks like I missed all the fun! I disagree. I have no problem at all with avatars filling up brickshelf. I too check the recent images pages regularly, and have noticed the increase of these images, but I have no problem ignoring them. I also (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Rich Manzo" <Brickfan25@aol.com> wrote in message news:GpJ82H.HzC@lugnet.com... (...) Certainly does, if the avatars are the things flooding the server. Which, by several peoples' opinions here they are. (...) and (...) Now that's a legitimate (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) I don't see how these images are abuse. The TOS only requires that images be related to LEGO products or be of general interest to the LEGO community. Unless one feels that Bionicle Zone is not part of the "LEGO community" I would think that (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Sure. Many have, many do, and many will. (...) Actually, I believe Kevin has given some leeway in what is "of general interest to the fan community," i.e. one or two pictures of yourself are acceptable. I could see him allowing one or two (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) I can only imagine you are confusing my opinion on avatar images (and I include all avatar images, not just Bionicle ones) with my opinion on Bionicle MOCs. I have not bashed any Lego line in this thread, nor have I bashed any MOCs. Whether I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Ah, I see. Validity doesn't enter into it when they have an opinion other than yours. Thanks for clearing that up. (...) It isn't a poor example, just an extreme one. (...) No they aren't. CAD and rendered images are used to show off models (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue

I'm sorry I've posted outside the origninal thread but there are now far too many posts that I'd like to respond to and this seems like the most painless way to do so. Thanks to everyone who has seen my post for what it was. I think there have been (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  I hate spam

Ah, spam. I have been mostly successful this year in hiding from it. But there is one of those search engine rackets that fires off a spam of lies to me when I update my web page. Also, they seem to pick a random email address off it. Since the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Um, yes. The version of BZ that we are running now never hosted avatars. We offer standard avatars for all users to use, and if they want to use a custom avatar, then they have to find an external pic hosting site. Even members who pay do not (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact