 Off-Topic / Debate / 15351
Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:31:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Michael Edwards writes:
Do you seriously think young kids at 8-16 years willing to donate for
something that is free? I don't think so.

Sure.  Many have, many do, and many will. • Your evidence?

Bionicle is LEGO, and Brickshelf is a hosting site for LEGO Images, and its
not making any money what so ever. Somehow I see pics of Animals, that's not
LEGO???

Actually, I believe Kevin has given some leeway in what is "of general >interest
to the fan community," i.e. one or two pictures of yourself are acceptable.  I
could see him allowing one or two pictures of pets, since many people like >them
and are interested in what other Lego fan's pets look like; I don't know that
Kevin has officially said anything about it, though.  I'd definitely like to
see Kevin set up a couple people with admin rights and the job of clearing out
blatant abuses of TOS.

So would I, but these lego images are not abouse of anything. They are
lego-related. If you are truly concerned about people blatantly abusing the
TOS then go after the non-lego images, espically the ones that are 100kb+ in
size, not these 3kb lego-related images.
tom

Jeff