 Off-Topic / Debate / 15350
Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:37:18 GMT

"tom" <tinosanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpJGnr.Ky4@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
"tom" <tinosanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Quality MOCs are being overtaken on Brickshelf because of the avatars.
They're not permanently hidden, but they're pushed out of the way (and
hidden from view on the main Recent page) by an overwhelming number of • these
avatars.

I was unaware you were appointed to determine what is quality moc's and • what
had a right to be on brickshelf.. And there is not an overwhelming amount • of
these images, thats just you stretching the facts to gan points for you.

When did I say they didn't have a right to be on Brickshelf because of that?

I was unaware I was not allowed to hold an opinion on what I feel is
pleasing to the eye and what isn't.

Agreed, but if you say that then you also must say there is nothing wrong
with what I am saying.

There is nothing wrong with you being allowed to say what you are saying.
Whether or not people agree with what you are saying is totally different.

But he IS calling for them to be banned because he does notlike them!!! • ANd
why  - because he does not like them, and that is the only reason! Is that
valid? NO!

Wow, you make a good broken record.

See my other reply to you - its not a valid reason to ban them (except if
its a majority-rule situation, which it is not).  But effects on bandwidth
IS a valid reason, if there is such a problem.

There is no flood! There is more of a flood of the cad images than these
images, but you like cad images - so thats ok right? BOTH are lego • related,
and BOTH have a place on Brickshelf, like it or not.

You're saying an exact representation of a LEGO model is the same as a
thrown-together crude representation.  May work for you, but not for me.  I
certainly don't see it that way.  But I'm not here to defend the merit of
CAD images and models - they stand on their own merits.

You have no more room to say what belongs on Brickshelf than I do.  Like it
or not.

Well if I am in my own little world I like it just fine, I do not try to • ban
something because I do nto like it, I have the maturity to pass it over. • And
I am listening to others, and I am disgusted at the 'I do not like this, • so
lets ban it' talk. If you do not like it, thats your right - but that does
not mean you have to ban it.

<sarcasm>
Well pin a rose on your nose.  Some of us are not blessed with such gifts of
great maturity as you are, I worship at your feet.
</sarcasm>

-Tim