 Off-Topic / Debate / 15353
Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:48:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Inosanto writes:
And it is as simple as hitting the 'next' button.

Unfornently, NO, it's NOT! I don't know about you, but I prefer to hit that
button once maybe twice to catch up on what I've missed. Now though, I find
myself hitting the button 5 or 6 times. Granted that isn't a lot, but it all
becomes very discouraging. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
At some point most people just give up. And thus hurting the brickshelf
community as a whole. I admire your ability to put up with it, but you are
one of few.

But he IS calling for them to be banned because he does notlike them!!! ANd
why  - because he does not like them, and that is the only reason! Is that
valid? NO!

You keep saying this over and over. This is NOT the ONLY reason we are
discussing this (My point above, for example). If it were, there would be no
discussion at all.

There is no flood! There is more of a flood of the cad images than these
images, but you like cad images - so thats ok right? BOTH are lego related,
and BOTH have a place on Brickshelf, like it or not.

The difference here is that the CAD images are of MOCs. Plain and simple as
that. The avatars are JUST images of the same bionicles over and over except
maybe a different weapon or whatever. Somehow I don't think all that many
people are interested in them. NOT even the people who post on the BZ msg
board. It's just a simple way of telling one person from the other, or
showing your posts in different moods, nothing more.

---SteveR