 Off-Topic / Debate / 15391
Re: Try for summary of this debate...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:42:15 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
Just looking at the size of these, they seem negligible even compared to the
stuff in my own folders. So I don't think bandwidth is a huge factor. The
main beef I would have is that they put each one in a separate folder (which
you talk about below).

Remember, these aren't seen only by people looking at the Brickshelf recent
page.  They are loaded everytime the owner posts a message to a webforum, which
means every time a person reads one of those messages, the images gets loaded
(barring them being loaded from the cache).

Can we stop speculating about the bandwidth used. Kevin is really the
only one who can answer that, and until we know they are a bandwidth
problem, it's somewhat pointless to speculate about that.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com