 Off-Topic / Debate / 15361
Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 01:35:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Inosanto writes:
You're right, Tim doesn't have the right to determine what is allowed on
Brickshelf.  He DOES, however, have the right to ask Kevin to change his
policy.

Yes he does, as do you. I never said you do not have that right. Can you
show me where I did say that? Please...

Calling us immature and telling us to "grow up" doesn't insinuate that you
believe we have no right? Fine by me, believe what you will, but don't lie
about it.

Are you even reading what we write?  I sure don't see it in your replies.

Yes. Too bad you do not see it

Hey, I think I hear a broken record around here somewhere...

You hear a broken record because it is true!! And you keep avoiding the
simple fact that these are lego-related images and they do belong!! Are you
readiung what *I* am posting?

Too bad, you keep saying the same thing over and over. Obviously we don't
see the "deeper meaning" to it. Maybe you could explain?

Unfortunently, you don't seem to see the fact that we understand that they
ARE lego related. That is not the problem, the problem is that (we believe)
they are disrupting Brickshelf's community as a whole.

Again, I have to ask, are you actually reading our posts?  One can have valid
reasons for disliking something, you know.  If not, how can any complaint >about anything be valid?

Yes. One can have valid reasons for not liking something, but that does not
translate into calling for it to be banned.

We are calling for Kevin to take a look into the situation and MAYBE have
them restricted in some way.

However, if Kevin made a post saying that he has no problem with the current
situation then that's it. Nothing more we can do.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are actually comparing images of bionicle to the
civil rights movemnet?!?!?

Heh, I'm not getting into this one...

I said this elsewhere, but will re-post it.
If you are truly concerned about the mis-use of brickshelf, then go after
non-lego images. If you do go after non-lego items then I will fight with
you utill the end (you may not want me there, but still). But as long as yu
try to ban lego images I will be very vocal on how you are wrong (unless
Kevin agrees with you, but untill then I speak).

Of course we are concerned with non-lego images. However, it's OBVIOUS that
they don't belong and I'd bet that Kevin is dealing with those the best he
currently can. Also, they may violate the TOS, but they aren't anywhere NEAR
annoying as the avatars.

I, myself, am hoping this discussion, even if it doesn't affect the avatar
issue, ends up making some changes for brickshelf.

---SteveR